Sunday, February 19, 2012

7 Months Old!

I know, I am the world's worst blogger ever!! I was having some technical problems a few months and it just threw me off. I hardly had time for blogging, let alone dealing with those issues so I just kinda stopped! I apologize for that because I saw some comments asking if I was coming back! You all have probably stopped checking by now, but hopefully I can get back into the swing of things. Ava keeps me pretty busy these days, but I will do my best!

Ava is 7 months old today! Can you believe it?! I know that I can't. Time is really flying and she is just getting bigger and bigger every day! She has been home from the NICU for over 4 months now. The first two weeks she was home was pure bliss. She was so easy and happy. She was still on her NICU schedule and would sleep for 4 hours, wake up to eat a bottle, nurse a little bit, then go back to sleep for 4 hours. I couldn't believe a baby could be THIS easy. Well, it didn't last long! Suddenly things changed and she became extremely fussy, screaming all day, up most of the night. It was horrendous. We got her on reflux meds and they seemed to help a little bit but she was still absolutely miserable. After much denial, I eliminated dairy from my diet. That worked wonders...for a while. Currently she is extremely fussy again but I think it may be in part to teething.

Aside from the fussiness, she is AMAZING! It took TONS of work, lots of tears and frustration, but I am proud to say that Ava is exclusively breastfed now! It is a huge accomplishment for both of us considering her tough start and need for bottles for the first part of her life. She is currently weighing about 14.5lbs and is such a chunky little thing! It's awesome to know that is all because of me. She has been rolling over for a few months now and she loves to sit up although she still needs support for that. Developmentally she is right on target. She loves playing with her toys and hanging out in her exersaucer. When she is not fussing, she gives us the biggest smiles, it is really awesome!

Travis is completely smitten with Ava and has to have his morning snuggles with her every morning. They are so sweet together and it is truly such a blessing to watch them interact and love on each other. I can't wait to see their bond grow as they get older.

Right now we are still very much in isolation mode. It seems to be a late RSV season here so we are keeping the kids in their little safe zone (home) as much as possible. We try to get out every weekend (providing the weather is nice) and do something fun with Travis. We are limited to outdoor activities. We have gone on a little train ride, took him for a pony, ride, and visited a farm. Today I think I will take the kids out to the Farmer's Market and pick up some fresh produce! That's all for now!








5 comments:

Lindz said...

omg she is sooooo big and pretty.. Thanks for the update and I'm glad she's doing well.

Jana said...

She is just the sweetest little thing! I love the "gestationally challenged" shirt... I wish I'd have thought of that when Declan was teeny :P. So glad to hear things are going well for you all. And SO happy for you being able to breastfeed her! We had our challenges with that as well but I was too darn stubborn to give up, and we breastfed about 70% of the time for 7 months. Thanks for the update on your little princess :).

AKessler731 said...

YAY!!! So glad to see you updated! I've been wondering how you guys have been doing! The pictures are amazing and the kids look awesome! So happy for you girl, please keep us posted :)

Anonymous said...

Hey I am so grateful I found your blog page, I really found you by
error, while I was searching on Google for something else, Nonetheless I am here now and would just like to say thanks for a tremendous post and a all round enjoyable blog (I
also love the theme/design), I don’t have time to browse it all at the minute but I have
book-marked it and also added your RSS feeds, so when
I have time I will be back to read much more, Please
do keep up the excellent work.

Look at my webpage sendmethecard.com

Anonymous said...


Our updates Recent articles: