Monday, March 9, 2009

Pulmonary Appointment

Travis had his month Pulmonary appointment on Friday, which happened to be my birthday. I was really hoping that for my birthday, my baby boy wouldn't need oxygen any more, but that was not the case. His saturations dropped to the 80's without oxygen, so we will continue with it for at least a month longer. He was weighed and is now 13lbs 8.5oz!! I know....hard to believe right?! I never imagined my little one pound baby would be as chubby as he is! The doc couldn't belive it and even asked if he was weighed with his diaper on (no, he wasnt!).

I did find out that Travis' Kidney Reflux is severe. The severity of this condition is rated in Grades from I-V. On one side, our little man has a Grade II or III. On the other, a Grade V. In most cases, this has to be repaired with surgery. I am so scared about this, so we need lots of prayers now. My biggest fear is not actually the surgery but the damage to the kidneys as a result of the reflux. He has a doctors appointment tomorrow so I will be asking more about this then.

For my birthday Mom and Jennifer took me shopping and forced me to get something for myself :-) I still ended up using some of my "b-day money" to buy Travis a high chair. I did end up getting 2 new shirts and a pair of jeans...to wear to appointments I suppose since that is the only time I get out of the house. It was so fun to be with my sister and mommybelle though. Daddy and Papa took care of Travis which was nice. Its the longest I have been away from him since he has come home, so that was tough, but we all survived! Grandma and Papa bought Travis a walker. Yes, I know, he is far from walking, but he actually sat it in pretty well, his little legs still dangling an inch or so from the floor, ha ha.

It was a great birthday weekend and as always it was wonderful to be surrounded by my incredible family. I am not quite sure what I would do without them, they are the best! Meika (our dog) went to spend a week with Grandma and Papa on their 25 acres with the other 3 dogs, chickens, cats....etc. I am sure she will have a great time! Thats about all for now! Its almost time for bed!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awww - happy late birthday!! Hopefully, Travis will not have any crazy damage from the reflux. I'll say my prayers for him of course. *hugs*