Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Something Amazing Just Happened

I wanted to share with you something amazing that just happened here:

I tucked my sweet baby into bed.

Yes, that is it. That is what is so amazing. You may ask what is so glorious or incredible about tucking a baby into bed, but if you had walked in my shoes, you would understand. 8 months ago, I didnt know if my baby would be here today. Statistically speaking, he had almost no chance of survival. But in my heart, I knew he was a fighter and I had to give him a chance. A miracle happened on July 29, 2008. My baby was born...and he was born ALIVE. We didn't know how long we had with him so we prayed hard that he would continue to fight. And he did. He fought on. There were times I thought we were loosing him, but again...he fought on.

I remember laying in my bed after my water broke and talking to my sister. With tear filled eyes I told her how scared I was. How I didn't know what was going to happen. Was my baby going to live? Was he going to be ok? If not, how would I deal with the loss of my child? Those were the some of the hardest days of my life.

So tonight, I took my sweet Travis to his crib, put on his jammies and monitor, kissed him all over, and asked him if he knew how much I loved him. I ask him this daily, sometimes many times a day. I know he will never full understand how deep my love for him goes, but I hope that he realizes that he is a miracle! I knelt down next to his crib on my knees and thanked God over and over for giving me this miracle. Tears rolled down my cheeks as I thanked God and kissed my sweet baby's forehead. There is nothing in this world more perfect than that child. He is my everything and then some. I never knew a love like this existed and I know that nothing in the world can take that away from me.

I used to wonder "why me"..."why my baby"...but now I just wonder how I got so lucky. What did I do to deserve this blessing? Whatever it was, it must have been good. So as I tucked my little boy in, I quitely celebrated him and all that he has achieved so far. I can't wait to see the many more achievements ahead. I am the luckiest mother alive!

2 comments:

Kim said...

He is truly amazing Chelsea!! I know we tell you this all the time but you are such a great mommy to Travis. He wouldn't be thriving the way he is if it wasn't for you!!!

Lyndsey said...

Chelsea wow that blog was wow. I cant even explain really. It brought tears to my eyes and a calm in my stressful head. You are truly amazing.