Thursday, July 28, 2011

One Day Post-Op - Breathe Ava!

I talked to the doctor this morning. Ava is doing ok. She is still on the ventilator because she is not making much effort to breathe at this point. The doctor has decided to give her another drug to try to stimulate her respiratory efforts in hopes that we can get her off the ventilator. Obviously, this was one of my biggest fears with the surgery. I know how hard it can be for babies of Ava's size to get off a ventilator once they are on them. And the longer it takes, the harder it will be so I am praying she can come off SOONER rather than later. Also her blood counts are low so she will probably be recieving a blood transfusion today, and if not today definitely in the next few days. Travis probably recieved over 50 blood transfusions so this does not really concern me, and she will feel better once she is plumped up with some blood. Her blood pressure and everything else has remained stable. The good news is that she is going to be starting feeds again! Hopefully she will be able to start growing, that is the most important thing she needs right now.

My mom is flying in today and my sister gets here tomorrow. I could not be ANY happier about this. Joseph has the day off so we will be going up there around noon to see our girl, so hopefully I will have some more positive updates later!

2 comments:

Lindz said...

I hope she gets off of it soon.. She so pretty. (I'm from the JM ddc Dec 2010)

Anonymous said...

Keeping you all in my prayers!