Saturday, September 10, 2011

A Brothers Love

I have to admit. I have always wanted two girls. Mostly because my sister, Jennifer and I had/have an extremely close relationship. I feel as if she is much more than a sister. She is my best friend. I have always wanted MY own kids to share that bond too, so the way I pictured my life in my head was with two little girls just a couple years apart. And then.....along came Travis :-). And of course, I would never ever trade him! Now we have Ava, and I am so excited to watch their relationship grow. I didn't have a brother growing up, so it is going to be really neat to see how they interact and what kind of relationship they will have. I imagine Travis will be quite protective of his baby sister. So far, he is in love. When I talk about Ava he begs to go see her, and when we are there, he talks to her, touches her ever so gently and, well...he just loves her. I love this picture because we have a picture that is almost identical of my sissy leaning in to kiss me after I was born. I was in the same type of plastic basinette. It was the first kiss of a lifetime of love and I pray that my children feel as blessed to have each other as I feel to have my sisters.








1 comment:

Shelly and Doug said...

Wow Chelsea. That is so nice and so cute. Yes, I think Travis will be looking out for his sister and will put any potential dates (boys) through a severe questioning and interview, possibly before even you or Joe. I can see the start of a beautiful bond and friendship. Enjoy...it might not be the same when they are in their teens, as most siblings bicker. Love you all.