Thursday, August 11, 2011

Blue is really not your color sweetie.

Ava is giving me high blood pressure. If she has a good day, it is usually always followed by a bad night, or vice versa. Just when we think she is going to start behaving, she proves us wrong. It is emotionally exhausting to watch her go up and down so much. Last night was a bad night for Ava. She had many episodes where she would stop breathing, drop her oxygen saturations and her heartrate and even had to be bagged twice to get her back where she needed to be. I am really ready for her to just be more stable and simply learning to eat and grow.

The good news is that the preliminary results came back from the bone scan showing no signs of infection in the bones. This is really great news because it means she won't have to spend 6 weeks on antibiotics. The antibiotics are the only reason she still needs an IV so we are really hoping that she can be done with them VERY soon. Poor Ava is covered in bruises from head to toe (literally) from being stuck so many times. It is heartbreaking. I guess I have just been having a little pitty part for Ava and I lately because I just HATE that she is going through this.

I was able to do skin to skin care with her twice yesterday which was great. I love being able to bond with her and feel close to her. Hopefully as she becomes more stable, we will be able to do a lot more of that.

2 comments:

AKessler731 said...

YAY!!! For the healthy bone scan but boo for the breathing :( Dont worry, God has your little one in his hands and she will be ok! You have went through more in the past few years than I ever wish to go through in a life time and I just want to tell you that you are such an incredible person! Looking forward to the next update! :)

Jim's Mom said...

I am so relieved the bone scan came back clean! I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed that she cuts out all this drama and starts behaving. Hopefully this isn't a sign of how much drama she'll be bringing to your life when she's a teenager!