Saturday, August 6, 2011

Holding Ava

Last night I finally got to hold Ava again. We didn't end up doing Kangaroo Care like I had hoped but maybe today. Still, it was wonderful to actually be able to hold my daughter. I held her the day she was born and the following day but have not gotten to really hold her since, minus when they were changing her bedding. She handled it pretty well, with a few desats and bradys here and there but overall she did well. It will be nice when she doesn't have all the IV's and so much extra stuff so that I can just reach in there and pick her up. There is not much new to report. Ava is doing well on the high flow and seems to be doing fine with her feedings. They are still trying to figure out her infection and get her on the right antibiotics, but she seems to be feeling much better in general.



















1 comment:

Robin W. said...

I am so glad to hear she is doing well and that you got to hold her again!! Hopefully the holdings will come more frequently. :)

Robin (OCT DDC)