Thursday, August 4, 2011

SUCCESS

Ava was extubated today around 1pm! Such an exciting moment for Mama! She is now on the bubble CPAP which is the type of support she was on when she was first born. It basically gives her pressure to keep her lungs open while allowing her to do all the breathing on her own. She has been doing very well on that and we hope and pray that she continues to do well and can hopefully get back onto a high flow cannula soon. The bubble CPAP covers so much of her face and it is really hard to keep in place, so it is kinda a pain, but still a million times better than a vent! I know it must feel so good to have that tube out of her throat. Her voice is very hoarse and I am sure her throat hurts, but soon she will be feeling much better!
When people ask how I am, they might as well just ask how Ava is. Because when she is having a good day, I am having a good day! And vice versa. So if Ava is good, you know that I am good too :). Although you can pretty much always assume that I am exhausted. Pumping every two to three hours during the day and every three hours at night wears on you hard and fast.

4 comments:

AKessler731 said...

Oh How wonderful! I check for an update every morning and I am amazed every morning at how strong you are and how strong both your babies are. God has surely blessed you. I followed your story on JM when you had Travis and I can't wait to see the day you bring Ava home and tuck her in bed. The day you wrote on JM about tucking Travis into bed and how that might be such a small thing but a huge thing to you I was just so happy for you. :) <3 to you all!

BrittneyLA said...

Im so happy that she is off!! We all cant wait for you to bring her home! Keep on being strong Ava!!

Megan said...

Great news on the extubation! Keep fighting, Miss Ava!

Anonymous said...

Yay that's wonderful news!! So happy for you both!