Thursday, August 18, 2011

Isn't she Lovely?

I am so proud of my girl! She had a great night last night so the doctor decided to take her off the CPAP and back onto the high flow at 4 liters (she was on 5 liters before). It appears as though she just REALLY needed that blood transfusion. As my sister pointed out, she is like a little vampire, just needs blood to get her lively again, haha. I am so happy that she is doing so much better and I can't wait to snuggle her tonight.

Last night when I went in, they removed her CPAP so they could massage her head and give her nose a break. She was doing SO great with it off that we even got to give her a bath. She was so wide eyed and alert the whole time. I loved it! She also got weighed and is now 2lbs 14oz! So close to 3lbs!! Hopefully she will get there by the end of the week! Today I was looking through Travis' NICU Journal and found that he was 2lbs 14oz at 2.5 months old. Amazing how much bigger Ava is! Her feeds have been increased to 26ml every three hours. So that is almost an ounce (30ml). Hopefully with the increased feeds she will just gain, gain, gain!