Monday, August 29, 2011

Monday Update

Things have been pretty much the same all weekend. After I posted that wonderful update about Ava, she took a few steps backwards. Friday night she had MANY apenic episodes so they increased her flow back up to 3 liters and put her feedings back on the pump over an hour. Because of these changes, we have to wait to start oral feeds. She is apparently not ready. It is so frustrating to move backwards when we should be moving forward. I was SO excited about the new changes and it just makes the let down that much worse when it doesn't last. Ava is still having a lot of episodes, and it's hard not to wonder when she is going to outgrow this. She IS gaining weight finally which is wonderful! She is up to 3lbs 8oz as of last night! Eat, Breathe, Grow! That's our motto right now and it seems very slow. Since Ava is 6 weeks old tomorrow, she will be having an eye exam today. I am not really expecting anything bad as she has not been on very much oxygen if any at all.

Unfortunately, this weekend I started to not feel very well. I am not sure what is going on exactly but last night I decided it would be best not to go visit Ava. It was SO hard for me to be away from her. Today I am not feeling much better so I may have to stay away another day. It is killing me to be away from her but I am trying to just rest and drink tons of water and take lots of Vitamin C so I can get better as fast as possible.

No comments: